Our hope in this blog is to share the story of the early development of ViaCordis, our missional house church network based in the greater Los Angeles area. We know there are others with similar visions all over the US and beyond and we welcome the chance to dialogue with you and learn from one another.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

coming alongside to promote growth

Via Cordis members facilitated Anger Management classes from January-April 2010 in an Adult Rehabilitation Center. These comments reflect the growth that several people experienced.

"This class gave more one-on-one, individualized attention than others I've taken. It was thought provoking. Thank you for showing me that managing anger works."

"I learned how to stay positive and think before I speak. I don't get as mad about the things I did in the past."

"If I were doing this class over, I would ask my husband to join me. I'm better at recognizing anger in others and I know to take it seriously."

"I never felt that I had a problem with anger, but this class helped me focus on lots of things that I face on a daily basis. It had a real personal touch. I felt comfortable to open up and share my feelings."

No comments: